We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join the leadership team of our Acacia Ward (Oncology/Haematology) at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston.
This is a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
Peninsula Private Hospital’s Oncology-Haematology services are delivered in a busy 24 bed oncology-medical ward. The service caters for a range of conditions including patients undergoing chemotherapy, post radiation therapy, blood transfusions, general medical and palliative care. We also have a 10 chair purpose built Day-Infusion Unit are currently undergoing expansion and will open an additional 4 beds in November 2019.
In this role you will be taking on the full management of the unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the ward. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit.
You will supported by a passionate team of Associate NUM’s and skilled Clinical Nurses while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will hold a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- 5 years minimum relevant experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting with experience leading a clinical team.
- Relevant post-graduate specialty qualifications and/or management qualifications will be highly regarded.
On offer is an annual salary of $110,000 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this/ ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Warren Rivett, Nurse Unit Manager, on 03 9788 3604.