We are seeking experienced a highly motivated and experienced senior health professional to take on a Clinical Educator role at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston.
This is a Permanent Part-Time role working up to a minimum of 45 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
In this role you will be facilitating and effectively managing clinical education and competency programs across our medical/surgical wards. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services related to clinical education. You will be required to work with and support management in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements.
Shift work is a requirement of the position as this is a ‘hands-on’ role with the expectation that you will provide direct clinical support across the shifts.
To succeed in this role you will bring experience within a medical preceptor or facilitator role with extensive acute care experience. You will be a strong problem solver with the ability to manage challenging situations calmly and be able to engage with all of our stakeholders be they medical professionals, patients or other nursing staff. This role is well suited to a passionate mentor driven to see their team members succeed and grow.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or working towards
- Must have post graduate qualifications in relevant area plus 3 years working experience, OR a minimum of 4 years working post basic registration.
On offer is a PRO RATA annual salary of $96,200.00 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Childrens Check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Danielle Bilston, Staff Development Co-ordinator, on 03 9788 3469.