Workplace Hlth & Safe Coord
Job no: 496559
Work type: Full time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
We are seeking an experienced Workplace Health and Safety Coordinator to join our thriving team at John Flynn Private Hospital. This is a permanent full time role.
About the Role
In the role of Workplace Health & Safety Coordinator, you will lead the business in driving a culture that supports a commitment to health, safety and wellbeing of our employees. As a qualified and experienced WH&S professional with a small team to manage you will focus on implementation and maintenance of best practice Workplace Health and Safety processes and procedures including facility wide audits, initiative to prevent workplace incidents and successful management of workplace injuries.
To succeed in this role, you will be experienced in injury management with superior communication, interpersonal skills and a creative approach to problem solving. You will have the confidence to provide safety orientation, ongoing training as well as be able to negotiate difficult conversations when required. You will also have strong policy development skills and close attention to detail. The ability to provide advice and legislation interpretations on WH&S will also be key for this role. The Workplace Health & Safety Coordinator will be an advocate for high safety standards at the John Flynn Private Hospital.
You will also demonstrate;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Work Health & Safety
- Knowledge of Queensland WorkCover and Work Health & Safety legislative requirements
- Proven ability in the development, implementation and monitoring of a Safety Management System
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Work Health and Safety Legislation and its implementation
- Demonstrated experience in the auditing of Safety Management Systems and subsequent reporting
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Current Registered Nurse registration with AHPRA (not essential but desirable)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (preferred)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
John Flynn Private Hospital offers free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 334 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Michelle Mulcahy on ph: 07 5598 9164
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend