We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join the leadership team of our Cardiac Catheter Lab at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston as an Associate Nurse Unit Manager.
This is a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
Peninsula Private undertakes the latest cardiac procedures in a state of the art cardiac catheter laboratory and is able to provide primary angioplasty services 24 hours a day, supported by a 36 cardiac bed coronary care unit with world class wireless monitoring. You will be taking on a key leadership role within the unit working closely with the Nurse Unit Manager in the efficient management of staff and resources with the goal of ensuring achievement of excellence in care delivery in line with policies and procedures, best practice and legislative requirements.
You will be mentoring and leading a passionate team of nurses and clinical support staff alongside a supportive leadership team so this role will suit an individual driven to help others succeed. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor. Specialty experience within a Cath Lab will also be crucial for this role.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with along with weekend and evening shifts will also be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting.
- 3 years minimum experience in a Cardiac Catheter Lab.
- Any clinical leadership experience or post-graduate specialty qualifications within Crit Care will be highly regarded.
On offer is an annual salary of $94,640 - $97,770.40 + Superannuation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Rachael Van Leeuwen, Nurse Unit Manager, on 03 9788 3682.