Nurse Unit Manager (Orthopaedic)
Job no: 496652
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
Nurse Unit Manager – Orthopaedic Unit
Permanent Full-Time 76 hours per fortnight OR Permanent Part-Time 64 - 72 per fortnight
About John Flynn Private Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, John Flynn Private Hospital is located in Tugun, on the Southern end of the Gold Coast. John Flynn Private (JFP) enjoys an established and excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. A 331 bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of health care services with a 24 hour Emergency Department, Comprehensive Cardiac Services, General & Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity & Paediatrics, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery and Rehabilitation Services. JFP employs over 1,300 staff.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly experienced Registered Nurse with strong managerial and leadership qualities to lead a dedicated and professional team. This role requires a high calibre candidate with considerable orthopaedic nursing experience and demonstrated commitment to higher learning. The successful incumbent will demonstrate orthopaedic knowledge and experience. This highly rewarding role reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Services. The role requires working with and supporting nursing staff in achieving excellence in care delivery in line with best practice and legislative requirements. The orthopaedic unit comprises of 24 acute care beds.
Key Selection Criteria
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated extensive clinical skills and experience as a Clinical Nurse including delivering high standards of clinical care for patients utilising specialist knowledge
- Post graduate Clinical Nursing qualification (or currently working towards) desirable
- Orthopaedic knowledge and expertise
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years management or team leading experience
- Be professional and highly motivated with a passion for enhancing staff engagement
- Ability to maintain effective communication networks with doctors, patients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
- Competent in supervising, leading, directing and motivating staff to achieve outcomes
- Effective management of rostering processes and allocation of duties for all clinical staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial and human resources
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
We offer fabulous employee benefits including
- Staff Recognition
- Ramsay Health Care Employee Benefit Club
- Salary Sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free on-site parking & gym
- And much more!
Ideal opportunity to join a highly respected large private hospital, a professional and engaging team, within minutes of beautiful Gold Coast beaches and the Gold Coast airport.
Please APPLY ONLINE including a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a copy of your current CV. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Phone enquiries to Michelle Mulcahy, Human Resources on (07) 5598 9164.
Applications Close: 24 November, 2019
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current National Police Check.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend