Clinical Nurse, Scrub Scout - Ophthalmology
Job no: 496719
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Day Surgery
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Full time/ Part time opportunities
We are seeking an senior Scrub Scout Registered Nurse who specialises or has an interest to work in Ophthalmology to join our supportive team to continue to provide our patients with specialised and dedicated care
About the Role
The Cairns Day Surgery, made up of four (4) theatres, one (1) endoscopy suite and 14 recovery beds, focuses on a wide range of surgical procedures that do not require an overnight stay in the hospital. We are a growing service, recently commencing retinal surgery.
As a Scrub Scout, you will be working with a dedicated and dynamic team focusing on Ophthalmology and, Oral and Maxillofacial surgeries.
As a Clinical Nurse, you will act as a clinical and professional resource person demonstrating broad knowledge and clinical expertise in all facets of caring for patients whilst demonstrating a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills within a clinical setting. You will contribute to the education of clinical staff and make a valuable contribution to the continuous improvement processes of the hospital.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Scrub Scout Registered Nurse
- Retinal experience is highly desirable
- Green light laser user licence for retinal is also highly desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $90,087.0256 - $96,375.0328+ Superannuation per annum based on experience level and qualifications.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Sharon Downman on 07 4044 5407
Close Date: 6 February 2020
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend