Billing Officer - Permanent Full time
Job no: 496820
Work type: Full time
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and profession full-time Billing’s Officer to join our established Sydney Metro Billing Hub based at Westmead Private Hospital
About the Role
The Billings Clerk has the responsibility of ensuring the efficient and effective coordination of the billing and debt collection functions of the hospitals. As a billing clerk, you will liaise and communicate directly with patients, health funds, hospitals’ administration and hospitals’ management regarding patient account enquiries.
To be considered for this role, you will bring billing experience, preferably in the health industry, with basic computer knowledge and good people skills. You will be an organised individual with the ability to effectively carry out your responsibilities in a timely manner and meet strict deadlines. The ability to work in a team and autonomously with minimum supervision is a must to succeed in this role. It is vital to have great attention to detail and accurate data entry skills to be efficient in this role.
- Strong Billing & Collection background
- Understanding of Health fund contracts and billing rules
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within designated timeframes
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, punctuality, integrity and respect for others
- Strong keyboard and computer skills.
- Experience in Meditech Billing systems, Bluechip Billing systems, Microsoft
- Experience in Psychiatric and Rehabilitation Billing
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Westmead Private Hospital is a modern facility offering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Located in western Sydney, Westmead Private has developed a strong focus in interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, urology and orthopaedics.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online and require a cover letter as well as up to date resume. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Vicki Massey on email@example.com or 02 8837 9144.
Close Date: 8 December 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend