We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly experienced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapist to join our Multidisciplinary Allied Health team in a Permanent Full-Time capacity at Peninsula Private Hospital in Frankston.
About the Role
The Senior Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapist is responsible for working within the physiotherapy department and leading delegated responsibilities to provide best practice patient care and achieve maximal operational effectiveness in care delivery to patients within the ICU.
You will be working predominately in the Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Service Unit but may require to work across other streams and campuses. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a comprehensive Physiotherapy service in an exciting period of growth.
Some other key duties may include;
- Clinical Supervision and education of junior physiotherapists.
- Supporting the administrative portfolios of the department.
- Supporting recruitment and management of the Physiotherapy team.
- Leading service evaluation of processes and protocols.
You will be a qualified physiotherapist with proven experience in a hospital setting. You will bring a strong clinical skillset in Critical Care/Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy and in the management of acutely unwell patients. You will be a strong communicator with the capacity to lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of allied health staff.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Registration with AHPRA.
- A minimum of 3-5 years post graduate experience in a hospital setting
- Sound computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel.
- Availability to work weekends and public holidays on a roster basis.
- May required to work across campuses
- Experience providing Physiotherapy services in the ICU setting more than 2 years.
- Experience with staff rostering and department administration.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Frankston in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program(s)
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Please contact Soon Yeap, Allied Health Services Manager on 04 55 237 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details regarding this position.