Perioperative Nurse Educator
Job no: 496861
Work type: Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Permanent Part time 64 hours per fortnight
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Perioperative trained Registered Nurse with the suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Clinical Education Team. This role will work between Southern Highlands Private Hospital and Nowra Private Hospital
About the Role
This role reaches across the Perioperative Services and oversees the education program for the Operating Theatres. You will be coordinating and delivering an education plan for the provision of the highest standards of patient care; additionally you will facilitate department based training and clinical competency assessments across Perioperative Services;
To be successful in the role, you will have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant AHPRA registration - Registered Nurse with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Perioperative Services (broad range of experience across Perioperative Nursing specialty desirable);
- Postgraduate qualification in Perioperative Nursing and/or Clinical Education (or working towards);
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Previous experience in an education role advantageous;
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent communication skills and ability to effectively negotiate;
- Positive role model and demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Organised, efficient and professional with highly developed clinical problem solving skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and independently where required;
- Innovative and flexible approach to education delivery
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
This role will work across Southern Highlands and Nowra Private Hospital, the successful applicant must be able to have access to transport and flexible to work across both sites.
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
About the Hospital
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
Southern Highlands Private Hospital prides itself on the expertise of our doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, and support staff, as well as the high quality of our services. The Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to patient care and customer service, staff satisfaction, and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 current work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a covering letter and detailed CV).
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Kim Granger on 02 4862 9433.
Applications close: 12 January 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend