Full time – Fixed term Maternity relief
An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced health care professional who is ready to take on a new and exciting role as a Nurse Unit Manager of the new Wollongong Private Hospital Day Surgical Centre. This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the unit and maintaining strong relationships with key consumers – Doctors, staff and patients.
Wollongong Private hospital, a part of Ramsay Health Care looks forward to implementing next year the digital platforms to facilitate best practice across admissions, operations and discharge and enhance our consumer experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated health care professional to lead a team of experienced, supportive and friendly staff in the department. As the Nurse Unit Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of patient care, developing and maintaining safe clinical practices and excellent clinical outcomes, quality improvement, human resources management and budget preparation of the unit.
- Skilled Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- 5 years post registration with peri-operative and/or day surgical management experience
- Passion to provide high quality clinical care evidence through the delivery of robust Quality programs
- High energy and a passion for the provision of exceptional customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate, inspire and support others.
- Have an interest in digital applications and the latest technological trends across industries
- Completed or working towards qualification in management
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maddison Bahnert via email BahnertM@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: 15 December 2019
Ramsay Way Video Embed Link : https://youtu.be/xEJjlZpo4oY