Clinical Nurse Specialist - Endoscopy
Job no: 496932
Work type: Part time
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST – ENDOSCOPY
Permanent Part time – 40 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Endoscopy Nurse advancing to a Clinical Nurse Specialist role under the guidance of a very skilled senior Endoscopy Clinical Nurse Specialist providing the right applicant with the opportunity to develop their skills with progression to overseeing the Endoscopy Specialty at Wollongong Private Hospital.
- You will facilitate the smooth operation of the Endoscopy department with a can-do attitude and a strong customer service focus
- You will have the ability to build strong relationships with Staff offering expert guidance and mentoring with emphasis on safety, opportunity, education and standards
- You will responsible for monitoring and observing all regulatory standards associated with the use, storage and reprocessing of reusable Endoscopes
As a Clinical Nurse, you will act as a clinical and professional resource person demonstrating broad knowledge and clinical expertise in all facets of caring for patients whilst demonstrating a high level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills within a clinical setting. You will contribute to the education of clinical staff and make a valuable contribution to the continuous improvement processes of the hospital.
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum 5 years’ Endoscopy experience
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Competent in all areas of Endoscope management, including regulatory requirements
- Excellent time management skills
- Current of member of GENCA
- GENCA fundamental endoscopic reprocessing training
- Willingness to contribute and participate in the education of all levels of staff involved in Endoscopy
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or working towards
- COGEN credentialed Gastroenterology Nurse
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The Hospital has 151 beds and is operated by Ramsay Health Care Australia's largest private hospital operator. It features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services. Wollongong Private Hospital includes an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, a day oncology unit and offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. The Hospital has commenced building a state of the art standalone Day Surgery Unit.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $94,097.12 -$115,694.80+ Superannuation per annum based on experience level and qualifications.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maddison Bahnert – Perioperative Services Manager on 02 42861214 or BahnertM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 25 December 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend