Job no: 496947
Work type: Casual
Location: Peel Health Campus
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Peel Health Campus is seeking committed, proactive and flexible Registered Nurses to join our Clinical Services team to work across all wards on a casual basis.
There are multiple opportunities available.
About the Role
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of quality patient care is delivered in line with the core values and strategic direction of Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Checking, preparing and administering all medications in accordance with state legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient
- Accurately assess a patient’s condition at a given time and report any inconsistent or significant changes to the registered nurse in charge
- Participate in planning, delivery and evaluation of care
- Maintain legible, accurate, complete, contemporaneous records of patient care that have been signed and dated.
Working with a supportive and respected team, you will report to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with a passion for quality client care.
You will display a high level of problem solving skills and techniques with the ability to communicate effectively, provide exceptional customer service to all patients and staff, and work collaboratively and cooperatively in a team environment.
You will also bring;
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Quality / Continuous Improvement processes
- 12 months experience working in an acute care setting (desirable)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Cairns Private Hospital is in tropical Cairns, in far north Queensland.
The hospital is a modern, well-equipped facility which offers a comprehensive range of medical and allied services. Cairns Private Hospital is committed to the provision of first-class medical care for the people of the region and the thousands of tourists who visit the area.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Maria Keith on (08) 9531 8000 or via email KeithM@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend