Clinical Coder, St Leonards location
Job no: 496986
Work type: Full time
Location: North Shore Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
We are seeking experienced Clinical Coder to join our team at North Shore Private Hospital.
About the Role
In this role you will report to the Manager of Health Information Services at North Shore Private Hospital to ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relative legislative requirements. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards.
You will be processing confidential data which is used for billing, morbidity collections, research, statistical analysis, management information systems, quality activities and casemix management including Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) allocation.
This position is a permanent full time and we offer flexible work arrangement.
You will have exceptional time management and problem solving abilities. You will also bring;
- Clinical Coding qualifications from Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or equivalent, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management)
- Minimum 1 to 3 year of coding experience in advanced surgical hospital
- Sound and updated knowledge of ICD-10-AM 11th edition and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound and updated knowledge of Medical Science and Medical Terminology
- Ability and willing to take on continuing study
- Knowledge and understanding of DRG and Casemix
- Knowledge and understanding of current Privacy legislation
- Ability to liaise with clinicians and hospital staff about coding and documentation requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent priortisation and time management skills
- Proven commitment to team work
- Previous work experience using 3M Codefinder
- Previous work experience using MEDITECH
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
North Shore Private Hospital is a 313 bed med / surgical hospital which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics, oncology and medical care. We also have a dedicated Neuro-Vascular Lab located within our theatre complex. NSPH is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Jane Tang, Health Information Manager on email@example.com
Close Date: 8 December 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend