Job no: 497033
Work type: Part time
Location: Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
Sunshine Coast Private University Hospital is seeking a proactive, determined and passionate Chef to join their Catering team.
This is a permanent opportunity to work 64 hours per fortnight, which will include working across weekends and public holidays.
About the Role
As the Chef you will be responsible for directing, supervising and undertaking the planning, preparation and serving of high quality food and meals to patients, staff and visitors of the Hospital. This will involve, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring all meals are presented in appropriate proportions, of the correct temperature and according to the menu request of customers
- Preparing food for functions as required and requested by the relevant Manager
- Participating in the preparation of special menus to cater for patients with specific dietary needs / therapeutic diets as directed by the dietician or Relevant Manager
- Ensuring high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and food preparation areas
- Assisting in the ordering of all food stock, ingredients, supplies and equipment
Working in a constructive and supportive team, you will report directly to the Catering Manager. In the absence of the Catering Manager and Sous Chef, you will be required to supervise the Catering team.
To be successful in this role, you will act as a positive role model while demonstrating an ability to foster a culture that is positive, friendly, cooperative and forward thinking. Your effective communication skills will assist in your ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with all staff and stakeholders.
You will also bring;
- Trade Certificate in catering/chef or HACCP Training Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Demonstrated experience as a chef in a large scale food preparation environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards
- Experience in a similar role within the health care industry
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital has access to a wide range of employee benefits and is located close to the beach!
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital opened on 4 November 2013, offering a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across a wide range of specialties. We are collocated with the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, on the Kawana Health Campus.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Close Date: Tuesday, 10 December
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend