We are seeking a Nurse Unit Manager to join the leadership team of our Accident & Emergency Unit at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin.
This is a Permanent Full-Time role.
About the Role
Peninsula Private Hospital’s Accident & Emergency Unit is a 14 bay department supporting an 11-Bed ICU, 6 Operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter laboratories and 1 Hybrid theatre along with a busy Cardiac Services unit and is a key community resource providing 24 hour emergency care to the Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Southern and South Eastern areas of Melbourne.
In this role you will be taking on the full management of the unit and will be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all human & material resources within the ward. The role encompasses planning, implementing and evaluating all practices, processes and clinical services of the unit.
You will supported by a passionate team of Associate NUM’s while reporting to and utilising the mentorship of the Director of Clinical Services.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical leadership skillset in an acute hospital emergency setting as a trained Nurse with previous experience as a NUM or ANUM. You will bring a keen eye for strategic management of clinical staff, financial and material resources. Also key will be the capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor while effectively managing the resources and needs of the unit.
You will also bring;
- Post graduate Critical Care / Emergency Qualifications
- Formal management qualifications or working towards
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a continuous improvement / risk management program
- Evidence of commitment to self development
- Ability to apply research findings to clinical practice
- Sound Computer skills in MS Office suite including Excel
On offer is an annual salary of $110,000 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 348 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 178 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 30 Oncology beds with an additional 16 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Warren Rivett, Director of Clinical Services, on 03 9788 3604.