Chef - Northside Group Wentworthville
Job no: 497062
Work type: Casual
Location: Northside Wentworthville Clinic
Categories: Catering/Food Services
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Chef to join the Hospitality Services Department at Northside Wentworthville
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Food production / preparation for patients, staff and doctor’s meals as well as hospital functions as required;
- Ensure food is prepared and stored in accordance with the hygiene standards as indicated in the food hygiene regulations;
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers;
- Comply with hygiene standards and Occupational Health and Safety requirements at all times; and
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and organisation in the catering department at all times.
To succeed in this role you will be a qualified chef with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Ideally, you will bring experience within a clinical setting or in preparing food for medical patients. Strong organisational skills and the capacity to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role.
The flexibility work afternoon / late shifts on Saturday and Sunday’s.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Chef in a large scale food preparation environment;
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery/Trade Certificate;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Food Safety Certificate;
- HACCP training and commitment to excellence in hygiene standards;
- Enthusiastic and a positive "can do" attitude;
- Contribute effectively to a team environment and independently as required;
- Demonstrate a great work ethic and attention to detail; and
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads;
Currently this position is casual, with the view to be permanent in the new year.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Northside West Clinic is part of The Northside Group of psychiatric hospitals owned and operated by the country’s leading private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care. Located in Sydney’s western suburbs, Northside West Clinic provides structured therapeutic programs for a range of general psychiatric and addiction disorders with a focus on behavioural and cognitive modalities.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like discuss this opportunity, please contact Rasnit Patil via email PatilRasnit@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Close Date: 15 December 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend