Front Office Manager - Full time
Job no: 497104
Work type: Full time
Location: St George Private Hospital
Categories: Administration/Support Services
About the Role
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and result driven individual to join our team as the Front Office Manager. Reporting to our Director of Finance & Administration, the Front Office Manager has the overall responsibility for ensuring delivery of excellent customer service and revenue protection through timely and accurate processing of admissions. The successful candidate will provide effective leadership and support to a large team that cover various administration functions within the hospital.
- Managing the patient administration process and Revenue Cycle which includes: scheduling, bookings, verifying patient’s health fund coverage, providing accurate cost estimate / informed financial consent and billing
- Liaise with internal and external customers / stakeholders to assist with the administration process
- Provide leadership and ongoing training to admin staff
- Support the culture for continuous improvement and lead the change management process where required.
- Demonstrate the Ramsay Way
To be successful for this role you will need to have:
- Experience in all areas of front office management, preferably within a health setting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage individuals and work groups
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication, customer service and organisational skills
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to understand and apply the practicalities of health fund contracts
- Medical terminology
- Tertiary qualification in Business Administration or related discipline
- Knowledge of Private Health Fund System
- Experience within health care setting
- Meditech or similar patient administration software experience
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
St George Private Hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes and a supportive executive team.
We are conveniently located in Kogarah, close to major roads and about a 5 minute walk from the major rail network
About the Organisation
St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. It is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected operator of private hospitals. The hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to St George Public Hospital. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited 276 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Medical, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People"
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, Joanne Parker, Director of Finance and Administration on 02 9598 5056 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications Close : Sunday, 15 December 2019
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend