We are seeking experienced Registered and Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to join our Casual Pool at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin.
There are multiple casual roles available on offer for nurses of all specialties.
About the Role
Working in the casual pool will see you assigned to a variety of shifts based on your availability across departments relevant to your experience and specialty. If you enjoy the variety of gaining experience in a new side of the hospital each week, then this role is a perfect fit for you!
On shift, you will perform clinical duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager and Shift Leaders of the departments you are assigned to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients. This will involve the assessing, planning and delivery of care to those patients across the hospital.
To succeed in this role you will bring strong clinical skillset in an acute care setting. You will have exceptional customer service and time management skills with a passion for quality patient outcomes.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with evening and weekend shifts will be crucial to this role.
You will need to have the following:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse.
- Enrolled Nurses must have certification to administer medications and IV’s.
- 3 years acute care experience post AHPRA registration in a hospital environment.
- Any postgraduate qualifications within a relevant specialty will be highly regarded.
On offer is a rate ranging from;
- $29 -$42 per hour based on role (RN/EN) and experience + Casual Loading.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Clare Stinton on StintonC@ramsayhealth.com.au.