We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our Theatre team at Peninsula Private Hospital in Langwarrin.
We have multiple Permanent Part-Time or Full-Time roles available for nurses with;
- Scrub/Scout Experience and;
- Cardiac Scrub/Scout Experience
Sponsorship is also available for highly skilled applicants.
Our well-equipped Operating Suite comprises six operating rooms, two Cardiac Cath Labs, plus a state of the art Hybrid Theatre along with a 10 bed recovery room. In January 2020 we will be opening a further two operating theatres. Surgical specialties include: cardiac surgery, thoracic, spinal, general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, urology, plastics, ENT, vascular and dental. Services are supported by an 11 bed Intensive Care Unit.
With the hospitals continued expansion and wide variety of services offered, we are now seeking perioperative nurses with Cardiac and general Scrub/Scout experience who are interested in joining our fantastic and growing team. Our theatre team is supported by our dedicated perioperative educator, the wider hospital education team, and reports to the Nurse Unit Manager.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Proven clinical experience in a hospital operating room setting is essential
- Cardiac Scrub/Scout experience is highly desired
- The flexibility to participate in the on-call roster
Desirable but not essential:
- Post graduate qualifications in perioperative nursing (RNs)
- Experience working in a private hospital
$61,290 - $83,751 per annum as a PRO RATA base salary (based on years of experience - see Ramsay Health Care Nurses EBA VIC for further information)
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula is currently undergoing development and expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services, which will see the hospital grow from 272 beds to 341 beds by January 2020. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Roxanne Wenn, Nurse Unit Manager 03 9788 3679.
Close Date - 12th of February at 11:55 pm.