Clinical Care Professional
Job no: 498099
Work type: Casual
Location: Kahlyn Day Centre
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Kahlyn Day Centre is seeking an outgoing and dedicated team player to join our team working as a Group Therapist.
This is a casual opportunity to further develop and grow your career.
Come join our team!
About the Role
Working at Kahlyn Day Centre, which includes specialised therapy modules such as Psychotherapy, relaxation, assertiveness training, anxiety management and support, discussion groups and a range of art, craft, leisure and daily living issues, you will join a respected and thriving team.
As a Group Therapist, you will be responsible for providing high quality assessment and treatment through the delivery of comprehensive therapy programs and services to customers of the Hospital.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- Providing support to the senior Allied Health staff and senior management team to ensure the achievement of department and Hospital objectives in line with strategic Hospital plans
- Developing client focused, evidence-based treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the patient and in line with department and Hospital procedures and policies
- Facilitating group therapy sessions where required
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with good clinical reasoning and sound judgement in decision-making. Your ability to consider broader implications of decisions, including longer-term impact, and your demonstrated commitment to participating in a continuous quality improvement environment is critical to this role.
You will also bring:
- Currently registered with, or working towards registration with AHPRA or PACFA
- Psychology/ Counselling degree
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in thinking
- Willing to contribute to the development and promotion of a cohesive and interactive team
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Kahlyn Private Hospital is a part of the Ramsay Health Care South Australian Mental Health Services Group of hospitals and is a leading provider of psychiatric services in this State. Kahlyn Private Hospital is a day only psychiatric facility located in the Adelaide suburb of Magill.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will also be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries only:
Jill Semba, Lead Program Co-ordinator
Ph: (08) 8130 4700
Close Date: 31 January 2020
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend