- Support and help lead our thriving ICU team
- Work for well-respected global health care industry
Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a positive and motivated Clinical Nurse to help lead and support our Intensive Care Unit.
This is a permanent full time opportunity, commencing in May 2020.
Come and join our team!
About the Role
Our 9-bed Intensive Care Unit is a level 2 ICU providing the full range of organ support to critically ill patients. With Hollywood Private Hospital recently expanding their services to incorporate cardiothoracicsurgery, we are seeking a Clinical Nurse with experience in Cardiothoracic ICU to help lead, supervise, direct and motivate staff to achieve quality outcomes.
Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Maintaining a high level of nursing care to all patients within the Hospital
- Checking, preparing and administering all medications in accordance with relevant legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Consistently performing accurate and comprehensive patient assessments to address the individual patient’s short and long-term needs including their physical, social and spiritual needs
- In partnership with the Clinical Nurse Manager and Educators, you will assist with developing, implementing and evaluating the unit training and education program in line with organisational and departmental strategic plans
- Making a valuable contribution to Hollywood Private Hospital’s continuous improvement processes
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with clinical and professional cardiothoracic surgical and ICU experience. Your ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment, maintain communication networks with doctors, patients, colleagues and other stakeholders, along with your positive, can-do attitude is essential for this role.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will also have the following;
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Minimum three (3)years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in ICU with cardiothoracic surgical experience
- Motivation to lead and develop quality services
- Demonstrated knowledge / experience in accreditation processes, clinical indicators and other quality processes
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
Base salary for a full time equivalent Clinical Nurse ranges from $92,289.00 - $98,055.00 + Superannuation per annum based on experience level.
Please note the range above is for full time equivalent Nurses and will decrease if you are contracted to hours less than this.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (6 months or less) National Police check and a valid Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Adam Coleman, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Monday, 24 February 2020