- Multiple Casual opportunities
- Grow your career through professional development
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
Peel Health Campus is seeking suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Registered and Enrolled Nurses with demonstrated broad Perioperative knowledge and clinical expertise to join our busy Perioperative department.
Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver real quality care, in an environment that offers career development and training? If this sounds like you then you could have an exciting future with Peel Health Campus.
About the Role
Working as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse, you will be part of a team of highly skilled nurses, providing excellent care within the perioperative setting and participating in a wide range of specialities and case mixes.
Performing duties with the support and guidance of the Department Manager and clinical team leaders, you will ensure a high level of quality patient care is continually delivered in line with the core values and strategic direction of both the hospital and Ramsay Health Care. This will involve, but is not limited to:
- Assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating care delivery needs of patient;
- Checking, preparing and administering medications in accordance with registration requirements and relevant legislation and organisational policies and procedures; and
- Ensuring sterility is maintained at all times within the Unit.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong clinical skillset working in a Perioperative environment, along with a passion for client care and for delivering a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. Your exceptional communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and your flexibility to handle a rotating roster, which will include evening shifts and being available for on call is essential for this role.
To be successful, you will also bring:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a scrub scout nurse in a perioperative environment
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven ability to work effectively in team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
To be successful as an Enrolled Nurse, you will have successfully completed your medication endorsement competency.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Please refer enquiries to:
Geraldine Keogh, Clinical Nurse Manager
Ph: 08 9531 8140
Close Date: Monday, 24 March 2020 at 5.00 pm