- Permanent full time
- Join our friendly and supportive team
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
Peel Health Campus is seeking a professional, motivated and proactive Registered Midwife to join our thriving Maternity Unit.
About the Role
Made up of a 20 bed antenatal / postnatal unit with 3 birth suites, low risk midwifery led antenatal clinic, specialist obstetric clinic and GP obstetrician model of care, our obstetrician’s and midwives currently deliver approximately 1100 births per annum, with our activity continuing to rise within our Maternity Unit.
As a Registered Midwife, you will responsible providing the highest level of quality care to all parents and neonates in line with the core values and strategic direction of Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care. This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Checking, preparing and administering medications in accordance with relevant legislation;
- Assessing and monitoring the functioning of family members in residence to promote their wellbeing; and
- Accurately assessing a patient’s condition at a given time and report any inconsistent or significant changes to the registered Midwife in charge/ Unit Manager/ Registrar/ Obstetrician/ Paediatrician/ Psychologist
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset working in a hospital setting, with experience working as a Registered Midwife. Your effective communication skills and ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships to liaise and consult with family members, a broad range of health professionals and community agencies in a constructive and collaborative fashion is essential for this role.
You will also bring:
- Relevant midwifery registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum of three years working as a Registered Midwife in a clinical setting
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently as required
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Hospital
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Full time equivalent base salary for a Registered Nurse ranges from $67,996.00 - $89,477.00 + superannuation and is based on experience level (this is exclusive of penalties or allowances).
Please note the range above is full time equivalent and may change depending on the hours you are contracted to.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (3 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and a Working with Children Check. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Leanne Rendell, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Monday, 7 April 2020 at 11.55 pm