Due to challenges of COVID-19, Ramsay Health Care is increasing staffing at Peel Health Campus.
Express your interest to work in a casual capacity NOW and become a part of our Patient Care Assistant Team!
We encourage any recently retired Registered or Enrolled Nurses, who are interested in joining the team and responding to this, to register their interest as well.
If your application meets the needs and requirements for both Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care, and a position becomes available, a member from our team will be in contact with you.
For more information on the skills and requirements needed for this role, as well as how to register your expression of interest, please read below.
About the Role
Working across different departments at Peel Health Campus, this role will be responsible for assisting health care and support teams, including Registered and Enrolled Nurses, in the provision and care for patients. All duties and responsibilities will be outworked within limitations specified educational and qualification standards, Hospital polices and guidelines.
This will involve, but is not limited to;
- Participating in Patient Care rounds to ensure patients have everything within their reach and their needs are addressed;
- Observing and promptly reporting changes in patients issues or patient needs and enquiries to the Registered Nurse; and
- Caring for patients whilst ensuring the maintenance of their security, modesty and self-esteem.
This role requires applicants to be available to work across a seven (7) day rotating roster.
To be considered in this role, you will be a customer focused individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment. Your passion for providing quality services and ability to work effectively with a professional team to maintain Ramsay’s standard of care is essential.
You will also bring;
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance OR Certificate III in Care Support Services OR Certificate III in Aged Care OR currently completing a relevant Undergraduate Degree;
- Completion of a recognised Patient Care Assistant training program or equivalent;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required;
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively and according to directions.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting
- Certificate IV qualification in Health Services,
- Currently completing their 2nd or 3rd year as a nursing student
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
How to Express your Interest
All expressions of interest must be submitted online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application and ensure you include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Please note, only applicants who are successful in moving to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Close Date: Sunday, 5 April 2020 at 11.55 pm