Job no: 500283
Work type: Casual
Location: Peel Health Campus
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
Due to challenges of COVID-19, Ramsay Health Care is increasing staffing at Peel Health Campus.
Express your interest to work in a casual capacity as an Anaesthetic Tech and become an integral member of our Theatre team.
If your application meets the needs and requirements for both Peel Health Campus and Ramsay Health Care, and a position becomes available, a member from our team will be in contact with you.
For more information on the skills and requirements needed for this role, as well as how to register your expression of interest, please read below.
About the Role
Working within our Theatre department, you will join a multidisciplinary clinical team and be responsible for preparing the theatre environment for the appropriate procedure while liaising with, and closely supporting, the anaesthetist in the provision of all aspects of anaesthetic care. This involves, but is not limited to;
- Monitoring the condition of patients during procedures and reporting changes to the relevant manager and the Anaesthetist / Surgeon / Physician; and
- Maintaining equipment to ensure a safe induction, maintenance, and emergence for anaesthetic.
This role requires applicants to be available to work across a seven (7) day rotating roster and be available to work on-call.
To be considered in this role, you will have experience working as an Anaesthetic Technician and hold a passion for delivering quality patient care. Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, excellent time management and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment will also assist you in this role.
You will also bring;
- Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology, Certificate of Anaesthetic Technician OR equivalent
- Recent relevant experience and understanding of issues associated with acute care / perioperative settings
- Basic understanding of infection control principles
- Registration and membership with the Australasian Society of Anaesthesia Paramedical Officers
- Computer skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Located only 3km from bustling Mandurah city and 6 km from the beach, Peel Health Campus is your ideal workplace with a close-knit team across the hospital and friendly management. Peel Health Campus is a 128-inpatient bed, acute care hospital and provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions. PHC has established an excellent reputation in the community for our commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
How to Express your Interest
All expressions of interest must be submitted online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application and ensure you include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Please note, only applicants who are successful in moving forward to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Close Date: Friday, 10 April 2020 at 11.55 pm
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend