We are seeking a senior Registered Nurse with Advanced Surgical, HDU and Neurosurgery experience to join the leadership team of our Jacaranda Ward at Peninsula Private Hospital as an Associate Nurse Unit Manager.
This is a 12 month-Maternity Cover role working a minimum of 67.5 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
The Jacaranda Ward at Peninsula Private Hospital offers 34 surgical including 3 HDU beds providing a high level of care to our patients. The ward specialises in Urology, Spinal, Vascular and Plastics cases and is now also beginning to take on Neurosurgery cases.
As an Associate Nurse Unit Manager you will be mentoring and leading a passionate team of nurses and clinical support staff alongside a supportive leadership team. This role will suit an individual driven to help others succeed and this is a perfect opportunity for a senior nurse to step up into a management role and build your clinical leadership skillset.
This role reports to the Nurse Unit Manager and works a 7-day rotating roster.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with a passion for patient care and specialty experience in advanced surgical care, HDU and Neurosurgery. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with along with weekend and evening shifts will also be required.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse.
- Extensive proven experience as a Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Specialty experience in HDU and or Neurosurgery would be preferred.
- A Critical Care certificate would be desired for this position.
- Any clinical leadership experience or post-graduate specialty qualifications will be highly regarded.
On offer is a PRO RATA annual salary of $94,640 + Superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne's south east. Peninsula has currently undergone a large expansion of its cardiac, medical, surgical, oncology and perioperative services. The hospital now has 345 beds. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 15 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology.
Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
Benefits of employment at Peninsula Private:
- Extensive in-house general and specialty education programs supported by clinical educators
- Scholarships & Study Discounts
- Access to clinical, managerial and leadership programs.
- A doctor is on-site 24 / 7
- On-site ICU (11 beds)
- Part of the global Ramsay Healthcare Group
- Staff recognition and reward programs
- Employee Benefit club offering discounted health & leisure choices
- Access to Ramsay corporate discounts including discounted private health insurance choices, discounted IT hardware & software & travel/holiday discounts
- Staff Wellness Program and access to a wide range of wellness options both locally and via the Ramsay intranet
- Employee Assistance Program
- Morning & afternoon tea provided
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
To enquire about this position
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Anna Bradley at BradleyAnna@ramsayhealth.com.au.