Wollongong Private Hospital is seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Perioperative Services Team in this Part Time/ Full time opportunity (Hours Negotiable).
- Want to work with a motivated and friendly team?
- Work in a new state of the art perioperative suite with ample onsite parking
- Do you need flexibility? We can offer hours to suit to maintain the right work/life balance
About the Role
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who want to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Urology Nurse to advance to a Clinical Nurse Specialist role. As the Clinical Nurse Specialist - Urology, you will have the opportunity to be active in a leadership role, including the development and provision of evidence-based clinical nursing, while working and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. The opportunity also allows you to act as a clinical expert, professional role model and change agent to promote practice development and quality initiatives that promote the delivery of safe, efficient and high-quality customer service.
You will have exceptional customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills and also meet the following criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum 5 years’ Scrub/Scout experience and demonstrated competence in Urology cases
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Present sound clinical knowledge of perioperative practices and procedures
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to ensure excellence in customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to assess, plan, co-ordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patients
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Knowledge of Quality/Continuous Improvement processes
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or working towards
- Experience as a resource and mentor to others in the relation to clinical practice
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
The 151 bed private hospital operated by Australia's largest private hospital operator, Ramsay Health Care, is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct adjacent to the Wollongong Public Hospital. It will feature state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital provides all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services. Surgical specialities include orthopaedics, interventional cardiology, ophthalmology, ENT, bariatric, head and neck, neurosurgical, gynaecological, urology, colorectal, upper GI, general, vascular and plastics.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Leonie Sharp on SharpLeonie@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 01st June 2020 at 11:55pm