Registered Nurses & Endorsed Enrolled Nurses
Job no: 501125
Work type: Casual, Full time
Location: Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Enrolled, Nursing - Registered
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in a hospital that values its staff as its most important asset? We are seeking experienced Preoperative Nurses to join our team at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital
- 2 X Maximum Term Full Time opportunities - Perioperative Team (Up to 12 months)
- 1 X Permanent Full-Time opportunity - Orthopaedic team Scrub Nurse
- 2 x Endorsed Enrolled Nurses - Permanent Full-Time opportunities
- Casual opportunities available working across our Perioperative Team
About the Role
Our perioperative department services 7 Operating Theaters, including a designated cardiac surgery theatre, two orthopaedic theatres & 1 Endovascular Lab.
As a member of our Periop team, you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients throughout their procedures.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To succeed in this role you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a perioperative hospital setting with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also demonstrate;
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in Orthopaedics or Perioperative Services for RN roles
- 1-year experience in an acute care hospital setting for Endorsed Enrolled Nurses (desired)
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to the philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing education
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $64,378 - $90,421 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8)
- $57,916 - $63,034 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW EN gr1-thereafter)
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Vanessa Jones on email@example.com
Close Date: 19th June 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend