- Permanent full time
- Lead, motivate and empower our respected team
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
Interested in working for a well-respected global health care industry that will give you the opportunity to develop professionally and personally, expose you to new and exciting challenges and give you the opportunity to care for people, the Ramsay Way?
A wonderful opportunity exists for a professional and motivated SSD Manager to help lead, motivate and empower our CSSD Sterile Supply team at Hollywood Private Hospital.
About the Role
As an SSD Manager, you will work in a key leadership role and be responsible for establishing and ensuring minimum requirements are met for the care, handling and reprocessing of reusable medical devices within the Sterilising Services program at Hollywood Private Hospital. Your role will also involve, but will not limited to;
- Managing and overseeing the implementation and ongoing coordination of Sterilising Services program at the Hospital;
- Assessing and reviewing medical equipment on an ongoing basis to ensure appropriate to the needs of the department;
- Tracking costs for consumables and stock to ensure efficiency and cost containment are maximised and within budget target; and
- Educating all health care workers in the prevention of transmission of healthcare acquired infection (HAI) related to inadequate reprocessing of used medical devices in all areas of the Hospital.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate creative and innovative leadership, act as a supportive and positive role model for our well-respected multidisciplinary team and role model excellence in all areas of customer service. Your effective communication, along with your demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive interpersonal relationships will be critical to this role.
You will also meet the following criteria:
- Highly experience Instrument Technician with current knowledge of all aspects of Sterlising Services and the requirements of AS/NZS 4187
- Certificate IV in Sterilisation Services
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Sterilising Services Department (CSSD) with two (2) years at a supervisor level
- A strong interest mentoring development of staff
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and strong process improvement orientation
- Commitment to continuous improvement and achievement of excellence
Candidates with a Diploma in Management / Leadership will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
Located in the heart of the Nedlands, Hollywood Private Hospital is surrounded by parklands, a range of cafés and restaurants, and close to public transportation.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. Applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Children Check prior to appointment. Persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Pat Whalley, Deputy Director of Clinical Services
Ph: (08) 9346 6483
Close Date: Friday, 12 June 2020 at 11.55 pm.