We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team at Lake Macquarie Private Hospital. Multiple opportunities available including
- 1 Full Time Night Duty RN
- 1 Full Time rotating roster RN
About the Role
The Reid ward is a fast paced and exciting 32 bed medical oncology ward, which provides a great opportunity for growth and development.
In this role you assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate the care delivery needs our each patient and perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients throughout their procedures.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be an organised and efficient professional with a strong team and customer focus who is able to be flexible with shifts. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience in Oncology is desired
- Interest in Oncology and Chemotherapy (training may be provided)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain good working relations with others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $64,378 - $90,421 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8)
Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health funds and travel insurance
- Employee assistance program and more
Lake Macquarie Private Hospital is a 187 bed acute Advanced Surgical and Medical Hospital situated on the Pacific Highway at Gateshead, 15 kms south of the Newcastle CBD. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care Limited, the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia. Specialties include Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, General Surgery (including Colorectal), Breast Surgery, Plastics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Vascular and Oncology.
In March 2015 the region’s first Private Emergency Department was opened at Lake Macquarie Private, providing another option for people requiring emergency care. The Hospital is also home to the Hunter Cancer Centre, the Hunter Region's only comprehensive private oncology service providing Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Research, Support Services and Education all located on the one campus.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a CV and 2 work-related referees.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff, and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police Check prior to appointment, and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Vicky Wade on 02 4947 5362.