Network Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator - Warringal and Donvale
Job no: 501901
Work type: Part time
Location: Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital, Warringal Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered, Other
- Join Australia’s largest private health care provider
- Permanent Part Time Position (0.7 FTE)
- Located at Warringal Private Hospital
We are advertising for an experienced infection prevention and control professional to fill a permanent part time position to support Warringal Private Hospital and Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital Network in Melbourne Victoria.
The position will report to the State Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator and works within the National Infection Prevention and Control team as part of the Ramsay National Clinical Governance Unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent part-time (0.7 FTE) Network Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator to join the Ramsay Health Care Infection Prevention and Control team. The position will cover the network facilities of Warringal Private Hospital and Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital.
The position will be based at Warringal Private Hospital, Heidelberg Melbourne, Victoria. This Network Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator role is a new role for these facilities as they were previously supported by an external provider in the Ramsay facilities in that area. The position will initiate capacity building and capability at facility level by leading the standardisation of services and promotion of best practice. An ability to travel between the sites in the Network is a requirement of this position as support will be offered with both onsite visits as well as by telecommunications.
The successful applicant is expected to develop strong relationships with the hospital executive teams in each of the Ramsay facilities they work at and support.
The role will be responsible for implementing the Ramsay Infection Prevention and Control program at Warringal Private Hospital and Donvale Rehabilitation Hospital and will provide guidance to the hospital executives, and other key stakeholders, in all areas related to the prevention and management of infection.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Provide support to the Infection Prevention and Control program at the facilities by supporting Network programs and building onsite clinical capacity in network and facility-based activities such as antimicrobial stewardship, hand hygiene, auditing and reporting of hospital results and risk assessments relating to infection prevention and control;
- Maintain a system for the collection, evaluation, reporting and monitoring of data in relation to the healthcare associated infections in the network including the relevant VICNISS surveillance activities;
- Support, where necessary, a staff health service including appropriate screening and vaccination to staff and managing occupational blood/body substance exposures;
- Provide the Network Infection Prevention and Control Committee with a report of Infection Prevention and control activities relating to NSQHS Standard for the prevention and control of HAI compliance and scheduled audit reports;
- Provide advice and leadership on outbreak management and strategies to reduce health care acquired infection;
- Provide infection prevention and control advice and support compliance where the Network is planning to undertake building repairs and in all stages of redevelopment activities;
- Participate in education training and competency assessment for staff in respect to the infection prevention and control and ongoing education program;
- Report to hospital Executive and committees promptly on infection control risks and issues as required;
- Participate in scheduled reviews and ongoing development of the National Infection Control Policies and Procedures; and
- Liaise with Accredited Medical Practitioners in the analysis of data relating to infection prevention and control where required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in infection prevention and control or related discipline or working toward the same;
- Current registration with AHPRA;
- A minimum 12 months experience working in an infection prevention and control role within a health care setting;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting an effective infection prevention and control in a hospital setting;
- Demonstrated ability to priorities and maximise productive working relationships and drive change;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships;
- Strong understanding of relevant legislative requirements, and Australian standards relating to infection prevention and control, and sterilising services including international trends in best practice;
- Experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organisational policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and review qualitative and quantitative data, clinical outcomes, identify trends and drive opportunities for improvement.
For more information regarding the position please contact:
Sue Greig – National Infection Prevention and Control Coordinator, National Clinical Governance Unit
Ph: 02 2433 6081 or 0407 312 600
Applications close: Friday 6 November 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend