GP Liaison Officer – St George / Kareena region
Job no: 501906
Work type: Full time
Location: Kareena Private Hospital, St George Private Hospital
Categories: Marketing, Other
- Full-time Position
- St George Private Hospital, Kareena Private Hospital & Kingsway Day Surgery
- Attractive employee benefits
Ramsay Health Care is a global healthcare company and Australia’s largest operator of private hospitals. We have a full-time position available within the St George / Kareena region and are now looking for outcome driven and suitable experienced individual to undertake GP liaison and business development activities on behalf of our hospitals.
As acute care facilities both St George and Kareena Private Hospitals provide care across a range of medical and surgical specialties, including obstetrics. With a strong expertise in cardiac, orthopaedics, cancer care and spinal surgery, St George is also Australia’s first internationally recognised “Centre for Metabolic and Bariatric Excellence”. Kareena Private is complemented by a day surgery unit, endoscopy suite, coronary and intensive care units, rehabilitation services including hydrotherapy pool and gymnasiums. Kingsway Day Surgery, located in Miranda, provides services in ophthalmology, urology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, dermatology and endoscopy.
Our vision is this position will work closely together across a shared stakeholder territory.
Reporting directly to the hospital CEO you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a targeted plan in line with the business growth strategy
- Developing relationships with new and existing GP practices in our catchment area through face to face practice visits
- Developing a targeted marketing program for new (and existing where applicable) medical specialists to grow their activity at our facilities
- Developing targeted communications to profile new and existing medical specialists and services at our facilities
- Develop a targeted GP Education Program that is delivered both in the hospital and the GP Practice
- Maintaining and growing our GP database, keeping accurate and detailed records
- Maintaining the master database for marketing key medical specialists including weekly website updates and production of the annual printed directory for key referrers
- Working with the marketing team to develop targeted marketing collateral and communications
- Providing monthly reports to track and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and demonstrate the ROI by increased referrals.
The successful application must demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business development or similar role in health care
- Understanding of medical specialists and the relationship with referrers including GPs, other specialists and health care professionals
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organisational skills that is outcome driven
- Ability to research and identify opportunities in our local market
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to keep good records and information on clients and the business
- Experience using a client relationship management system or similar to manage relationships and report on activities and measure outcomes
- Integrity and commitment to confidentiality
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours as required
It is desirable that the successful applicant has:
- Experience working in the private health care sector
- Existing relationships with GPs in the territory
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Marketing or Health
- Event management experience
Some flexibility around hours and remuneration will be considered in relation to the successful applicant’s experience and skills. The successful applicant will be required to hold an open drivers’ license and use their own vehicle for practice visits.
Enquiries can be sent to:
Taren King-Koi, Market Development & Doctor Engagement
Applications including your cover letter and current CV should be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button listed on this page.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend