Hotel Services Manager
Job no: 502198
Work type: Full time
Location: Waverley Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services, Management
We are seeking an experienced Hotel Services Manager to join our team at Waverley Private Hospital. This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
About the Role
The Hotel Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the prompt and efficient service delivery of our patient food and beverage service along with site café management, environmental hygiene and waste management services. You will lead a diverse team of about 35 employees. Additionally, this opportunity will see you responsible for managing and maintaining the operational and business direction of the Hotel Services Department in line with legislation, infection control and the organisational strategic direction.
To succeed in this role you will bring your prior experience and knowledge of team management principles with the ability to manage the performance, training, motivation and wellbeing of a team. To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a Hotel Services Management position from within a health care or hotel environment and demonstrated experience in staff supervision along with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships at all levels.
You will also bring;
- Degree or Diploma in catering/hospitality or Trade qualifications in catering, chef/HACCP
- Food safety supervision experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Experience in a catering managing position within a hospital/health care/hotel setting with minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Holding or working towards a tertiary management qualification
- Computer literacy with rostering and stock management systems experience is ideal
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety principles
- Proven experience in managing budget and work hours
On offer is an annual salary range of $70,000-$80,000 + superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98 bed acute/surgical facility located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Waverley Private Hospital has been an active contributor to the healthcare needs of the local communities of Eastern and South Eastern Melbourne since 1972. We pride ourselves on providing excellent standards of healthcare in a friendly and caring environment.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Childrens clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Darren Smith at SmithDarren@ramsayhealth.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend