Job no: 502202
Work type: Casual
Location: Waverley Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking positive, hard-working Barista/Catering Assistants to join our new cafe team at Waverley Private Hospital.
There are multiple casual positions available, over a 6 day rotating roster.
About the Role
As a Barista/Catering Assistant, you’re primary responsibilities will be operating a newly installed café on site including preparation of coffee products on our commercial coffee machine, basic food preparation, maintaining cleanliness within the cafe in line with required food safety, infection control and hospital standards, while offering high standards of quality and service to customers and patients.
In this role you will report to Hotel Services Manager and work closely with a positive and respected team. You will come up with creative ideas for special days and introduction of seasonally appropriate snacks and menu items.
To succeed in this role, you will have a high attention to detail and work effectively in a team or independently as required, within a fast paced environment. Your ability to prioritise tasks effectively will assist you with your excellent time management skills.
You will also bring;
- Previous experience in a café or restaurant environment is essential along with the ability to use a commercial coffee machine to make a full range of coffee preparations
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Proven experience in stock rotation
- Balancing of takings and banking
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
On offer is a base hourly rate of $22-$23 plus casual loading and superannuation.
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia's largest and most respected private hospital operator, Waverley Private Hospital is a 98 bed acute/surgical facility located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. Waverley Private Hospital has been an active contributor to the healthcare needs of the local communities of Eastern and South Eastern Melbourne since 1972. We pride ourselves on providing excellent standards of healthcare in a friendly and caring environment.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People". Benefits of working with Ramsay include;
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and Working with Childrens clearance prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend