Looking for a move into Surgical Nursing? Does a state of the art hospital located on the South Coast of NSW with a relaxed and warm lifestyle entice you? Interested in working within a dynamic, resilient and well supported team?
This might be the opportunity for you! Wollongong Private are seeking Endorsed Enrolled Nurses to join our team in this Permanent Full Time opportunity.
About the Role
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the successful candidate will work as a member of the clinical team under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, providing high quality care to all patients and clients who access health services. The surgical unit specialises in Ortho, Urology, Plastics, General and ENT. You will also support other members of the multi-disciplinary patient care team with clinical and professional matters.
To be considered for this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with proven experience in an acute-care setting. You will be a strong team player with exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work within a team and unsupervised if needed. You will also be a proactive professional with the capability to multitask and effectively manage your time throughout the work day.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA as a Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum four years of nursing experience in surgical ward nursing
- Expertise to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly
- Located 1.5 hours South of Sydney (easily accessible via public transport)
- A beautiful by the sea location with excellent food and wine, unlimited recreational opportunities for you and your family
- Flexible working agreements within our ward offering hours to suit your work/life balance
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- Clinical Nurse Educator on the ward two days a week
- Monthly staff recognition and social events to promote healthy work relationship
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Wollongong Private Hospital is set in the heart of Wollongong's Medical Precinct.
The 151 bed private hospital features state of the art equipment, facilities and patient services setting a benchmark for healthcare facilities in the Illawarra. Wollongong Private Hospital includes all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory, day oncology unit and stand-alone day surgical centre. It offers the full range of medical, surgical and maternity services.
Located just 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong is a major metropolitan hub on the coast of NSW. Whilst enjoying all the services of a major metropolitan city, Wollongong residents also enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle in this beautiful coastal location.
Wollongong Private Hospital is defined by our unique culture and dedication to giving outstanding patient care. From the way we recognise and reward our staff to our attitude toward the patient experience – we are a great choice for staff who would like to be part of a cutting-edge, fast paced and progressive environment.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $57,916- $63,034 (depending on years of nursing service). This annual salary is not inclusive of shift allowances or penalty rates.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Tahlia Robinson Nurse Unit Manager, on RobinsonTahlia@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 28th July 2020 at 11:55pm