Registered Nurses – Scrub / Scout
Job no: 502273
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Southern Highlands Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Enrolled, Nursing - Registered
About the Role
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, the successful candidates will work across the full scope of our surgical suite and will require the flexibility to work evening, weekend and on-call shifts. You will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a trained Nurse with experience as a Scrub Scout.
There are multiple roles available, with either FT or PT options depending on candidate availability.
Successful applicants with strong experience may also have the possibility to take on Nurse Educator shifts one day a week in Theatre.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Minimum of 3 years’ Perioperative experience (Essential)
- Orthopaedic experience desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to plan and coordinate patient care
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent understanding of infection control principles
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Significant clinical experience in Perioperative Nursing
- Post-graduate qualifications in Perioperative Nursing specialities
- Computer literacy
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program and more.
About the Hospital
Southern Highlands Private Hospital provides 74 acute medical and surgical beds, as well as an extensive range of onsite rehabilitation and palliative care services for the community and beyond to the regional and rural areas. The Hospital has 4 Operating Theatres, a Procedure Room, a Day Surgery Unit, a High Dependency Unit and a Day Oncology Unit. The hospital is located in Bowral, adjacent to the public hospital.
About the Organisation
We live and work by our values of The Ramsay Way – “People Caring for People” and seek out those who are committed to developing people and teams and a continuous improvement culture.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Kim Granger on 02 4862 9422.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend