We are seeking an experienced Registered Midwife to join our team at St George Private Hospital in this Full Time opportunity.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse/Midwife to join our supportive team to continue to provide our patients with specialised and dedicated care. Our maternity unit comprises of 6 birthing suites, with remote baby monitoring technology, a respite nursery, a level 2, 10 cot Special Care Nursery and 23 post-natal beds.
As a Registered Midwife you will perform duties supported by a dedicated maternity educator ensuring direct access to education and professional development to ensure a high level of quality patient care is delivered within the ward. You will be responsible for will assessing, planning, coordinating and evaluating the care delivery needs of each patient’s individual needs. This opportunity will also see you working across our surgical gynaecology unit.
Our team prides itself on exceeding Ramsay’s high standard of care with a professional and positive attitude by creating a friendly, caring and comfortable environment for its patients.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player who brings excellent clinical and interpersonal skills. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage your time effectively to meet your responsibilities.
You will also demonstrate;
- Dual Midwifery and Nursing Registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency)
- 4 years experience in all midwifery areas
- 1 years experience in gynae (desirable)
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate and evaluate care delivery needs of patient
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Availability to work all shifts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, St George Private Hospital is one of the most modern, clinically advanced private hospitals in Australasia. The hospital is located in Sydney's South and is adjacent to St George Public Hospital. St George Private Hospital is a fully accredited 276 bed advanced surgical and acute medical facility. Working in partnership with some of Australia's leading medical specialists, the hospital has developed a strong reputation in Cardiac, Orthopaedics & Spinal Care, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Medical, Cancer Care, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Colorectal and Urology.
St George Private Hospital provides an outstanding working environment, modern facilities, innovative education programmes and a supportive executive team. In addition, we offer flexible work arrangements and excellent employee benefits.
We are conveniently located in Kogarah, close to major roads and about a 5 minute walk from the major rail network.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
On offer is a Full-Time Equivalent salary ranging from;
- $64,378 - $90,421 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (NSW RN/Midwife gr1-gr8
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Gabrielle Hallahan on HallahanG@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 28th July 2020 at 11:55pm