Procurement Manager - Clinical
Job no: 502569
Work type: Full time
Location: Corporate Services - NSW Metropolitan
Categories: Procurement/Contract Management
- Sydney location
- Permanent Full-time Position
- Attractive employee benefits
We have an exciting position available in the Ramsay Health Care Group Procurement Department. The Procurement Manger – Clinical will manage the procurement of certain prosthesis clinical categories and the implementation and evaluation of medical products for Ramsay Health Care facilities. In addition, this role supports and assists the Group Procurement team and Ramsay Hospitals to contribute in ensuring budgetary, departmental and organisational strategic objectives are achieved.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the Ramsay Health Care procurement processes for clinical items to ensure effective group tendering processes, acquisition of quality products, cost synergies, and product evaluations;
- Prioritise and manage national product reviews;
- Negotiate persuasively with key suppliers ensuring effective contracts are implemented to secure optimum price, quality, service and delivery;
- Undertake a review of the Prosthesis list when released by the Department of Health;
- Provision of strategic reports and proposals to assist the Group Procurement Manager to meet the requirements of the new hospital integration processes, ongoing key supplier business meetings and department key functions;
- Investigate new opportunities and synergies focusing on best procurement and clinical practice;
- Manage and lead the provision of training and support where applicable with the support of key stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications within a Medical/Business discipline (Nursing Registration or similar) – desirable;
- An understanding and experience dealing with prosthesis products;
- Experience dealing with health funds and/or suppliers;
- Understanding of the Department of Health Prosthesis list;
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- A good understanding of internal control concepts & functions within procurement;
- Outstanding relationship building and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent oral communication, organisational and written skills;
- Experienced in dealing with multiple services and geographical locations;
- High attention to detail and the ability to think laterally;
- Proficient computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Work autonomously and use initiative wherever possible;
- Ability to gather, interpret and report on data essential to meeting goals;
- Ability to work with a variety of data and present at a high-level.
Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964 and has grown to become a global hospital group operating 480 facilities across 11 countries, making it one of the largest and most diverse private healthcare companies in the world, and the largest in Australia. Ramsay Health Care is well-respected throughout the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. Its focus is on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety; being an employer of choice and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People”.
For more information regarding the position, please contact:
Samantha Clifford – EA Group Procurement
Please click the ‘apply’ button listed within this advertisement. Your application should include your detailed Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and two work-related referees.
Applications close: Friday, 10 July 2020.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend