Clinical Coding Educator
Job no: 502598
Work type: Full time, Part time temp
Location: Greenslopes Private Hospital
Categories: HIM/Clinical Coder/Medical Records
We’re looking for two passionate Clinical Coding Educators to join our dedicated Clinical Coding Team. Permanent and fixed term contract opportunities available.
About the Role(s)
As a Clinical Coding Educator, you will be responsible for developing and delivering clinical coding education to the GPH Clinical Coding Team and other internal stakeholders as required.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop, implement and deliver the GPH Clinical Coding Trainee Program
- Coach, mentor and develop clinical coding staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding, competency assessment and education
- Act as in internal point of escalation for any coding and documentation queries, providing targeted feedback to Coders, Clinical Documentation Specialists and Medical Officers to improve their knowledge of disease processes, procedures, coding standards/rules, AR-DRGs, and national/local business requirements
- Develop presentations and quick reference guides/tools to support the Clinical Coding Team with accurate and complete code assignment
This is an exciting opportunity to join one Australia’s leading teaching private hospitals, working closely with our team of Advanced Coders, Clinical Coding Auditor, experienced Clinical Documentation Specialists and Regional Coding Auditor and Educator to support key department functions.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced clinical coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be a self-motivated with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
You will also demonstrate;
- Minimum 4 years clinical coding experience in a tertiary hospital utilising ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS 9th 10th and 11th Editions
- Sound knowledge of AR-DRGs and casemix funding
- Experience in delivering clinical coding feedback and targeted education to both junior and senior clinical coders (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Be part of a dynamic, growing team!
- Join an extensive national network of HIM/CC professionals
- Expand your knowledge of ICD/ACHI/AR-DRG classifications and private hospital funding
- Excellent advancement opportunities
- Free onsite staff car parking
About the Organisation
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
Greenslopes Private Hospital is Australia’s leading private teaching hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, and located just 5km from Brisbane’s CBD. As a world-class tertiary medical facility, we have some of Queensland’s finest specialists working with us to offer the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients. The hospital employs 2,500 staff, contains 32 specialty units, and has 18 operating theatres.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Megan Hayes, Manager Health Information Services on 07 3394 7246.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend