Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Job no: 502895
Work type: Full time
Location: John Flynn Private Hospital
Categories: Environmental Services - Cleaner/Laundry, Management
- Permanent Full Time
- Lead, support and motivate our Domestic & Housekeeping team
- Professional development – grow your career across our national network!
An exciting opportunity to join John Flynn Private Hospital’s Domestic & Housekeeping team as an Assistant Housekeeping Manager exists.
About the Role
As an Assistant Housekeeping Manager, your role will provide support to the Hotel Services Manager in the management and operation of the department within the strategic direction of John Flynn Private Hospital and Ramsay Health Care. Your role will involve, but is not limited to;
- Supporting individual and departmental professional development to ensure the workforce skill set meets the needs of the diversity and acuity of current and future direction of the organisation and legislative requirements;
- Ensuring a high standard and quality of cleanliness throughout the entire hospital including the cleanliness of patient rooms, consulting suites, theatre complexes, offices and general areas of the hospital;
- Assessing and continually reviewing equipment to ensure appropriate to the needs of the department; and
- Managing and monitoring recruitment, selection, appointment and retention of appropriately skilled staff and develop strategies for engagement and retention.
Flexibility to work across a Monday to Friday roster is essential for this role.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong background of working within housekeeping roles, ideally but not essential, within a clinical or hospital setting, while also meeting the following criteria:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Thorough understanding of chemical safety and hazard principles
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to organise human and material resources to achieve results
- Intermediate computer skills
Candidates with experience working in a hospital/commercial setting and who have or are working towards a tertiary management qualification will be highly regarded.
Why John Flynn Private Hospital?
John Flynn Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australian’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. John Flynn Private Hospital is located in Tugan, on the southern end of the Gold Coast; it enjoys an established and excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement. A 334 bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of health care services with a 24 hours Emergency Department, Comprehensive Cardiac Services and Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology, Medical Services, Maternity and Pediatrics, Renal Dialysis, Day Surgery and Rehabilitation Services.
As an employee at John Flynn you will:
- Be supported by friendly and experienced senior health professionals
- Gain experience in an acute, specialist hospital
- Be encouraged to participate in further education
- Have access to Ramsay Health Care’s online library service and employees’ benefits program
- Be able to join our onsite gym
- Have access to confidential counselling and support for workplace and personal issues
The hospital is only 20 minutes from major shopping centres, a few minutes from our beautiful world-famous beaches and close to the Coolangatta Airport and the idyllic Tweed Valley.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Daniel Walker, Hotel Services Manager
Close Date: Sunday, 9th August 2020 at 11.55 pm.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend