Job no: 503550
Work type: Full time
Location: Westmead Private Hospital
Categories: Property Building Maintenance/Groundsperson/Security
We are seeking a professional and experienced Maintenance Officer to join our Maintenance team at Westmead Private Hospital in a Permanent Full-Time capacity.
About the Role
As a Maintenance Officer you will undertake all assigned maintenance duties, including work related to general hospital maintenance including planned and reactive maintenance.
Duties may include:
- Maintenance and repairs – this may include patching, plastering and painting, lighting maintenance, gutters, air conditioning, tiling, basic plumbing and other general repairs
- Planned and reactive maintenance – complete all planned works that are agreed manually whilst also repairing any immediate requirements that arise
- Work alongside preferred suppliers where relevant and ensuring all work carried out by a contractor is within the planned budget
- Safe place to work – ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, areas are kept tidy and you are an advocate for keeping team members and customers safe at all times
- You will be required to manage contractors that attend site for preventative maintenance, this requires conducting inductions and filling out work permits.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive and effective team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues and customers. You will have the ability to ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to and work is carried out in a tidy safe manner.
You will also bring:
- Relevant trade qualification or certificate will be ideal for this role.
- Team player – not afraid to get your hands dirty to add value to the running of the hospital
- Excellent communication skills and able to develop relationships with colleagues and also customers
- Able to demonstrate maturity in the workplace to get the job done whilst also focusing on health and safety practices
- The ability to work on your own initiative and identify any areas for improvement that may be needed
On offer is an annual salary of $60,000-$70,000 + Superannuation
About the Organisation
Westmead Private Hospital is accredited as a Centre of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, a recognition only given to two other hospitals across Australia. This accreditation signifies our ability to consistently deliver the safest, highest-quality care to our patients.
The 192 bed private hospital is co-located with Westmead Hospital and Westmead Children’s Hospital and is a teaching hospital of the Western Clinical School of the University of Sydney.
Our highly respected surgeons work with our team of skilled nurses and allied health professionals to provide the highest standard of personalised care to all our patients. The team work together to ensure our patient’s needs are met prior to admission, whilst in hospital and following discharge.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Joel Mercer at MercerJ@ramsayhealth.com.au.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend