Billings and Debtor Officer
Job no: 503563
Work type: Full time
Location: Caloundra Private Clinic
- Permanent Full time
- Work for a well-respected global health care industry
- Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast
We have an exciting opportunity for talented an experienced Billings & Debtor Officer to join our supportive and dynamic team at the Billing Hub located at Caloundra Private Clinic.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate a commitment to customer service and possesses excellent interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for the billing and debt collection functions for a number of Ramsay facilities within Northern Queensland.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Liaising with Health Funds and Customers
- Handling account enquiries
- Following up unpaid accounts (debt collection)
- Maintaining the Aged Trial Balance to required KPIs
- The generation and submission of accounts using the Meditech patient management system to patients, third party payers and health funds
- Interpreting health fund contracts
In order to excel in this role you will have confidence in demonstrating the following criteria:
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in billing and/or accounts receivable
- Experience with debt collection
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Health fund contracts and accounting processes
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and cohesively within a team
Previous experience in accounts receivable and an understanding of medical terminology would be highly desirable as would knowledge of the Meditech patient management or similar system.
Joining Ramsay Health Care
Ramsay Health Care is well-respected in the health care industry for operating quality private hospitals and for its excellent record in hospital management and patient care. It is this exceptional reputation that attracts leading health care practitioners to work in Ramsay facilities. We are a progressive, dynamic company with a national presence. We offer opportunities to work around Australia with flexible and strong career paths.
We are committed to becoming an employer-of-choice through:
- Employee benefit programs
- Family friendly workplaces
- Flexible salary packaging to suit your individual needs
If you are looking for a new and exciting career move are self-driven, set high standards of performance and drive continuous improvement, then we would love to hear from you!
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment (at your own expense).
For enquiries, please contact:
Zeldine Zanetti, Northern QLD Billing Hub Manager
Applications close: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 5:00pm
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend