Catering - General Services Officer
Job no: 503668
Work type: Casual
Location: Wollongong Private Hospital
Categories: Catering/Food Services
We are seeking Catering General Service Officers to join the friendly team at our Wollongong Private Hospital.
Multiple casual opportunities available
About the Role
In this role you will be working within a fast paced team who thrives on delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values. You will have variety plus in this role! Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Distribution/collection of customer menus, food trays, beverages as well as basic food preparation
- Cleaning and sanitising workstations and food court areas;
- Providing fast, friendly and exceptional customer service;
- Display a strong level of team commitment whilst also having the ability to work autonomously where required;
To succeed in this role, you will bring experience in a similar role within Aged Care, Hospitals, Restaurant, Café or Retail Catering or another clinical environment. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will leave or customers with a positive first impression given the high standards of customers service you provide. You will also demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a supportive team and independently when required, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
You will also bring:
- Prior experience in hospital, aged care, restaurant, café or retail catering
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- A food safety certificate (desirable)
- Exceptional communication skills with a commitment to the provision of high-quality customer service
- The flexibility to handle a rotating roster including evenings and weekend shifts will be crucial.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
The Illawarra Hospitals are operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way. Wollongong Private Hospital is a 151 bed facility providing all major services including an intensive care unit, nine operating theatres, a cardiac catheter laboratory and a day oncology unit whereas Lawrence Hargrave Private Hospital and Figtree Private Hospital offers a range of inpatient rehabilitation programs, allied health therapies and medical care. In addition to this Figtree Private Hospital operates a Sleep Studies Unit and an Early Parenting Centre.
The Illawarra is a beautiful region on the coast south of Sydney and is well known for its beautiful beaches and magnificent escarpment backdrop.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Shyanne Lucas firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend