Job no: 503694
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Cairns Private Hospital, Hillcrest - Rockhampton Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking a passionate Clinical Nurse to work as an Endoscopy Preceptor in the Endoscopy Unit at Hillcrest Private Hospital in Central Queensland. The position will be Permanent Full Time with opportunities also for part time.
About the Role
This position will have you reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager working collaboratively to implement quality improvement activities to ensure the department is safe, effective and follows best practice. You will be a passionate mentor with the capability to support and assist in the leadership of a team of health professionals.
As the Endoscopy Preceptor you will provide nurse education opportunities, increase efficient and productive care and maintenance of the endoscopy unit. You will prepare learning packages to help develop skills and provide resources. The role will see you involved in providing training to staff assessing their competencies and appraisals.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as an Endoscopy trained Nurse with a passion for patient care and a high standard of customer-focused service. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The flexibility to handle a 5-day rotating roster with on call components will be key for this role.
You will also bring;
- Relevant qualifications and Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 4 years’ endoscopy experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of use, care & maintenance of endoscopes/probes and accessories
- Have completed or working towards the GENCA Education and Training Package
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a high-performing team.
- A strong desire to share knowledge, educate and mentor fellow staff, preceptor experience will be highly regarded.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
On offer is a PRO RATA FTE of;
- $92,339 - $98,784 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4)
About the Organisation
Hillcrest – Rockhampton Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the Central Queensland region for our high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
The 66 bed hospital includes: Surgical and medical wards, with a day surgery admission lounge and also a Mental health Ward – Archerview Clinic.Our hospital offers 4 operating theatres including state of the art 2018 Orthopaedic Stryker i-Suite and specialises in orthopaedics, ophthalmology, general surgery, urology, gynaecology and IVF.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Nurse Unit Manager at HopeJ@ramsayhealth.com.au or 07 4932 1321
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend