Hollywood Private Hospital is seeking a positive and motivated Clinical Trials Coordinator to join, lead and support our Clinical Trials Unit.
This is a maximum term position working over a 12-month period. There is some flexibility in the hours for this position, working up to a maximum of 76 hours per fortnight.
About the Role
Working closely with Principal Investigators, associated research staff and site staff, you will co-ordinate and support clinical trial research activities conducted at the Hospital. This role will require you to ensure that a high quality, professional and efficient research service is provided consistently and in accordance with Good Clinical Practice and appropriate clinical trial regulations.
Your role will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Facilitating a high standard of clinical trials care by liaising with the medical and nursing staff delivering the care to the patient, and interacting with patients and their caregivers / family members in regard to the patient’s participation in research;
- Assisting with the preparation, submission and responses for appropriate submissions to Ethic committees; and
- Assessing patient eligibility for clinical trials and performing randomisations where appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate leadership ability, work in a multidisciplinary health care team and have a commitment to high professional standards in all aspects of work. Your excellent communication and organisation skills and your understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data integrity is critical for this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Registered or Enrolled Nurse currently authorised to practice by AHPRA or equivalent allied health or science qualification
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical trials methodology and knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) requirements
- Ability to develop rapport with patients and their families in stressful situations
- Computer software, informatics, data collection and/or media skills
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be highly regarded:
- Substantial working experience in a research or clinical environment, including experience in the conduct and coordinator of clinical trials;
- Experience in the area of oncology; and
- Understanding of ethics and governance in clinical research.
Why Hollywood Private Hospital?
Hollywood Private Hospital is a modern, acute care hospital in Nedlands and enjoys a strong reputation for excellence in patient care. With over 700 licensed beds, Hollywood Private Hospital provides medical, surgical and mental health services for over 70,000 West Australian each year. The hospital employs over 2,000 people and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology.
Hollywood Private Hospital also offers:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
For more information on the hospital, please visit www.hollywoodprivatehospital.com.au.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application. All applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Skye Ridley, Senior Clinical Trials Coordinator
Close Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 11.55 pm.