Job no: 503810
Work type: Part time
Location: Kareena Private Hospital
Categories: Clinical Support - Technician/Orderley
We are currently seeking CSSD Technicians to join our busy Sterilisation department at Kareena Private Hospital.
Permanent Part Time opportunities available.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for carrying out the cleaning, assembly, inspection, wrapping and sterilisation of surgical instruments and medical equipment.
This will include working in conjunction with the Operating Theatre staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and equipment where applicable. This is a critical part of the surgical process and the ability to work efficiently with your team to manage pressing deadlines is crucial.
You will ensure consistency and continuous workflow between the various Operating Theatre areas and CSD whilst practising exceptional customer service and maintaining the high operational standards of the sterilisation department.
In this role you will report to the CSSD Manager and work closely with an efficient professional team.
To succeed in this role, you will bring proven experience in Clinical Sterilisation services, ideally within a hospital setting. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will also bring;
- Previous experience in sterilisation role
- Certificate III in Sterilizing services (desirable)
- Endoscopy processing experience (desirable)
- Availability across a Monday to Friday roster (morning and afternoon shifts) and on call duties
- Proven ability for self-direction and ability to work cohesively with a team
- Effective communication skills and customer service skills
- Knowledge of safe manual handling
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Kareena Private Hospital is a modern 179 bed facility servicing the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas. It is conveniently located directly opposite Sutherland Public Hospital and close to public transport. Kareena Private Hospital is an acute Medical/Surgical facility including orthopaedic, gynaecological and obstetric services and Rehabilitation. Kareena Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Martlie Horn on HornM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close Date: 10th August 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend