Director of Medical Services
Job no: 503904
Work type: Full time
Location: Peel Health Campus
- Key Executive role with Australia’s largest private health care provider
- Rare leadership opportunity within the private health care sector
- Located at Peel Health Campus
Ramsay Health Care is Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals with over 70 health care facilities located across the country. Peel Health Campus is a 206 inpatient bed, acute care hospital located in Mandurah, one hour South of Perth. Peel Health Campus provides high quality public and private healthcare to the residents of the Mandurah and Peel regions and has established an excellent reputation in the community for its commitment to high quality patient care, delivered by our caring team.
Ramsay is now inviting applications for the position of Director of Medical Services for Peel Health Campus. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the hospital’s Executive Management team and provide high level support to the Chief Executive Officer in the management of the Medical Services division of the Hospital including the recruitment and management of both Consultants and junior medical staff. As a member of the Executive Management team, you will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the Hospital, provide strong leadership, vision and strategic management to all Medical Services staff to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and responsive health service.
The Director of Medical Services will lead and manage a diverse team of Medical Specialists, and accordingly, will be responsible for delivering strong leadership and developing leadership capabilities within the team to ensure the achievement of all Hospital objectives and improved performance across all key deliverable areas, with a strong focus on operational performance of the Hospital and the achievement of excellent outcomes for patients.
- Administer and support the work of medical departments including management of Resident Medical Officers, Hospital Medical Officers, Salaried Specialists and Visiting Medical Officers;
- Actively engage with Specialists and other Medical staff to expand the provision of medical services within the Hospital;
- Engage and liaise with funding bodies to maximize opportunities for funding from State and Federal bodies;
- Improve and develop existing service areas further and actively seeking out new business growth or improvement opportunities in Medical Services;
- Act as an advisor on medical and other matters to the Chief Executive Officer;
- Manage all aspects of strategic and business planning, efficient budget management and the achievement of hospital targets; and
- Manage the effectiveness and performance outcomes of all medical services areas.
The key to success in this role will be your ability to demonstrate effective leadership skills, to inspire and mentor the Medical Services team and your commitment to excellence and operational performance. You must be an inspiring leader with an impressive operational and management background in health care to be considered for this role.
Additionally, the successful applicant for this position will meet the following criteria:
- A successful track record in the Medical field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an executive management position within the health care sector
- A proven record of managing a complex range of services within a health care environment
- Ability to promote and positively implement change programs
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and inspirational leadership style
- Broad knowledge of financial management principles including operational budget management
Enquiries should be directed to:
Andrew Tome - CEO Peel Health Campus
Phone: (08) 9531 8580 Email: TomeA@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications must be lodged online by clicking the Apply button within this advertisement. Your application should include your Curriculum Vitae outlining your experience and skills in line with the above criteria and 2 current work-related referees.
Applications close: Friday 21 August 2020
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend