- Permanent full time & part time opportunities
- Clean, sort, assemble, pack & sterilise equipment used in Operating Theatres
- Join our well-respected and recognised “Ramsay Way” culture
Joondalup Health Campus is composed of 12 modern operating theatres that are equipped with some of the latest technology and sees an extensive range of clinical procedures performed.
As an SSD Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that high standards for cleaning, sorting, assembling, packaging and sterilising equipment used in the Operating Theatres and Ward areas, is maintained at all times. This will also involve, but is not limited to;
- Maintaining cleanliness of all work benches, trolleys, machines and equipment;
- Inspecting and checking all equipment to ensure any damage is reported in a timely manner; and
- Transporting instruments, trays and linen before and after sterilisation as required.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate a good work ethic at all times that includes punctuality, integrity, respect for others and a commitment to professional practice. With experience working as an SSD Technician, you will be competent in sterilisation, have effective communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate an ability to work effectively within a team structure.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Two (2) years of experience working as an SSD Technician
- Strong attention to detail and strong task orientation
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the achievement of excellence
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accept and promote the Ramsay Way values
Candidates who hold a Certificate III in Sterilisation will be highly regarded.
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has an Emergency Department, After Hours GP Clinic and on-site MRI. Specialties include Medical Specialties which include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
On offer is a base hourly rate ranging from $28 to 29.95 + superannuation per hour.
Please note that the range above is exclusive of any loadings or penalties, and is based off experience level.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Maila Costelo-Snow, Clinical Nurse Manager
Close Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2020 at 11.55 pm.