- Temporary full time, 12-month contract (76 hours per fortnight)
- Lead, support and motivate our Engineering team
- Work for one of the largest and most diverse health care companies in the world
An opportunity exists for a Qualified Technician to join our Engineering Services department, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of maintenance and engineering services is sustained across Joondalup Health Campus. You will be responsible for undertaking assigned maintenance activities, which will involve, but is not limited to;
- Assisting with the supervision of other maintenance personnel where appropriate;
- Ensuring assigned tasks are completed correctly and meet defined service levels;
- Monitoring fault calls to ensure that they are responded to and repairs are completed within appropriate timeframes; and
- Working in alignment with major works contractors on site.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that the workplace is safe for all staff and visitors, meeting all Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
To succeed in this role, you will have experience working in a similar role, preferable in a health services environment and be committed to promoting and accepting the Ramsay Way values. Your exceptional communication and ability to lead, support and motivate staff is essential to this role.
The successful candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Trade qualification- carpentry, cabinet making
- A minimum of three years’ experience, preferably in health services
- Understanding of the key Australian Standards, associated maintenance knowledge and its combined influence on the operational performance of the hospital
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision and be proactive
- Sound organisation and prioritisation skills
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected operator of private hospitals, Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. The hospital has 722 inpatient beds, an Emergency Department and After Hours GP Clinic. Medical Specialties include General Medicine, Respiratory, Gerontology, Cardiac Services and Stroke Services Unit. Surgical Specialities including but not limited to General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Vascular, ENT, Paediatrics, Gynaecology. We have acute Psychiatry, Intensive and Coronary Care Units, Day Procedure Unit, Renal and Oncology, Restorative Units, Day Therapy and Obstetrics. Joondalup Health Campus has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care employees at Joondalup Health Campus are offered some great benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
For enquiries, please contact:
Stephen Gaffey, Engineering Services Manager
Close Date: Monday, 21 September 2020 at 11.55 pm.