Nurse Unit Manager - Rehabilitation / Medical
Job no: 505479
Work type: Full time
Location: Berkeley Vale Private Hospital
Categories: Management, Nursing - Registered
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Plan, implement and evaluate practices, processes and services
- Key leadership and management role
About the Role
As the Nurse Unit Manager Level 1 of our 22-bed adult Rehabilitation/Medical Ward, you will hold a key leadership and management role, and be accountable for the efficient and effective management of all staff, equipment and resources within the department. This role encompasses direct care to the ward patients, planning, implementing and evaluating practices, processes and services within the department.
You will also be responsible for working with and supporting other managers in achieving excellence in care delivery, in line with best practice and legislative requirements. Working closely with the Executive team, you will help shape organisational strategies, improve service provisions and achieve departmental and hospital strategic objectives.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset in a hospital setting as a Registered Nurse with a passion for client care and delivering high standards of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values. You will have exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will bring a capacity to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals and act as a passionate mentor to your team.
You will also bring:
- Relevant registration with AHPRA
- Recent experience in a clinical leadership role
- Prior nursing experience in a relevant speciality setting (minimum 5 years)
- Prior demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and developing others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Berkeley Vale Private Hospital is a 50-bed hospital which provides services for Rehabilitation, Medical, and Mental Health Inpatients and Day Programs. The hospital also provides Ramsay Health Plus outpatient services. Situated on the Central Coast, Berkeley Vale boasts an excellent clinical reputation as a leader in private rehabilitation and mental health services on the Coast.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current Working with children check prior to appointment and proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Simon Connor, Director of Clinical Services on ConnorS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Close date: 26th September 2020 at 11:55pm
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend